4. General project meeting, Haag, September 29 - October 2, 2008.
Hosted by ALTERRA and Stadtgewest Haaglanden in Haag.
Featuring the Polemic bicycle ride, and exhibition in STROOM gallery!
Monday September 29
09:00 Module meeting
14:00 Module meeting
16:00 Scientific coordination team meeting
19:00 Evocative event: Opening exhibition. The meaning of the Haaglanden landscape. Stroom gallery
20:00 Evocative event: A debate in STROOM. The meaning of landscape. Starring: politicians, professionals and researchers.
Parallel to module meetings:
10.00 – 18.00 Workshops in STROOM on the research results on the ex-pats wishes for green in the city and around it and how politicians and experts translate those wishes in terms of spatial planning
15.00 In-between - Meeting between the politicians of the Plurel case studies and Mr. Houtzager Leidschendam-Voorburg
Tuesday September 30
• Welcome by Alterra General Director Mr. Slingerland
• Project coordinator Mr. Nilsson
• European cities towards sustainability; Andrea Philipp , ICLEI
• Lessons from case studies; Carmen Aalbers, Alterra
• Macro-economic modeling results; Paul Zagame, Pierre Le Mouel, Babtiste Boitier
10:30 Coffee break
• Task force on project structure and interactions; Thomas S. Nielsen & Annette Piorr
• Task force on design of SIAT-RUR and data requirement; Katharina Helming
• Task force on collaborative case study analysis and regional modeling: interaction and contributions to PLUREL products; Stephan Pauleit
• Task force on a common indicator framework: agreement on issues and draft listing of indicators; Felix Muller & Simon Bell
11:45: Departure by bus
12:30 Leidschendam, opening speech by regional portfolio holder Marcel Houtzager
14:30 Field trip though Haaglanden, combined with a route alongside the 5 boards from The Hague School of paintings.
19:00 Reception in the Souterrain of the Nieuwe Kerk, The Hague
19:30 Conference dinner (offered by Haaglanden), Nieuwe Kerk, The Hague
Wednesday October 1
09:00 Parallel workshops
• Indicator framework and key indicators; Chair Felix Muller
• Cases and models, module interlinkages M3/M4; Chair Pauleit & Haase & Aalbers
11:00 Open Market session, including poster exhibition and targeted discussion forums.
Discussion forums: planning and governance (MRI and UniThes); downscaling of NEMESIS data to regional level (ZALF); The scenario framework and its application (UOM).
14:00 Plenary: Opening parallel workshop Green & Blue services; address by and discussions with a member of the European Parliament and a representative of the Permanent Representation of the Netherlands (PR) in Brussels on the changes within the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and the range of socially relevant Green/Blue services.
15:00 Parallel workshops (and meeting with members of the Board of Stakeholders)
• Land use change, spatial cluster and allocation rules; Chair Mark Rounsevell & Annette Piorr
• Migration issues; Chair Susanna Alves & Vegard Skirbekk
• Stakeholder workshop on governance and planning policies (M2/M3): Ivan Tocics, Gertrud Jørgensen, Carmen Aalbers & Kostas Lalenis
• Blue-Green services; workshop invited by the Dutch Minister of Agriculture
17:00 General Assembly
19:00 Participants dine individually
Parallel to PLUREL project programme:
09.00 – 13.00 Part II workshop Green Blue Services: integration
Thursday October 2
• Application of complexity theory and tipping points in a planning context; Wim Timmermans and Gert de Roo
• Household structure, demographic structure and land consumption; Tanja Tötzer
• Land use structure and commuting patterns; Mika Ristimaki
• Application of the MOLAND model to Leipzig; Francisco Escobar, Laura Petrov
11:00 Parallel workshops
• Housing choice and quality of life; Chair Simon Bell
• SIAT-RUR, product- and knowledge chain specifications – joint workshop; Chair: Thomas S. Nielsen, Annette Piorr, Katharina Helming
• Additional workshop may be specified if needed.
14:00 Summary session
15:00 Reviewers session
16:00 Meeting ends